Camp Chameleon is passionate about providing a track out camp to the severe/ moderate disabled child. The vision is to allow these children to have fun like other typically developed children, while keeping the cost affordable for parents. This will allow parents to work as their child is being stimulated and working on goals in a play enriched environment.
“As a teacher I looked for this type of camp for my students for many years and have not been able to find this service in Wake County. As I entered into retirement I felt the calling to offer this service to many parents and their child.” – Kelli Jackson
- Working with self contained classroom and passion for working with special needs.
- Class size six students with 2 staff
- Kelli and Amy have extensive backgrounds working with the special needs populations. Kelli is a National Board Certified teacher and has taught Intellectual Severe students in Wake County for 20 years. Amy has been with Wake County for 10 years working with the Intellectual Disabled students. We enjoy creating fun interactive and sensory activities that will make camp a day of FUN for all that attend.
- Each camper’s specific needs are met by utilizing developmentally appropriate activities.
- Counselors work to increase their ability to grow in areas of independence.
- Educational practices are in alignment with serving this age range to provide age appropriate activities.